26.1.14

Týn - Jižní Čechy

Snow, snow and snow! Today again we woke up and all around the town was covered by a wonderful white layer of snow. We went for a cold walk.
In the background we have the Jan’s Basic School, Základní Škola Malá Strana Týn, and his sister school and his mother school too.

The Vltava River was frozen, at list the edge of it. The Vltava is the longest river in Czech Republic; it starts in the mountains of Šumava just in the border with German. Then the River passes through Český Krumlov, České Budějovice, TÝN NAD VLTAVOU(this picture) and Prague, merging with Elbe at Melnik.

Beautiful white town, isn’t?

We started feeding some ducks…

…four small and cute ducks…

…but suddenly all the family of ducks and friends decided to joy us!

At the end we were afraid of them, we gave them the last pieces of bread we had and we run away!

This is a restaurant next to the old bridge that always I pass I should stop, I don’t know what it attract me, but it does. Maybe it’s something happens to me with many things of Czech Republic, the things are not new, they are broken, the time pass, it’s an old country, it’s not perfect, it has charm and history. Every corner is telling you a story. Something I miss from my city, Barcelona.

We walked until the old bridge which I’m in love, where you can enjoy the view of the river and the skyline of the old town.